In partnership with Riverdale Mental Health Association (www.rmha.org ), RSS offers an array of on-site mental health services, including:
- Individual counseling provided by our Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Weekly support groups provided by licensed social workers including
- Adjusting to Change, Thursdays 10 am – This ongoing group gives members the opportunity to discuss any of the myriad changes large or small, pleasant or not, that accompany one’s graduation into Senior Life. Members are encouraged to discuss whatever is on their minds and to share their experiences past and present with the group.
- Clutterers’ Group, – Tuesdays 2 pm – This ongoing group gives members the chance to talk about their “stuff.” Our possessions take up physical space, as well as a great deal of energy to manage, clean and organize. Members of this group discuss issues and feelings around keeping, discarding, and bequeathing the collected possessions of a lifetime.
- The Men’s Group, Tuesdays 3 pm – This ongoing group gives our male members a chance to discuss anything that is on their minds. Family, friends, relationships, health, finances, arts ,sports, sex, drugs and rock and roll! It’s a chance to meet new people and discuss anything that interests, troubles, or amuses you in a friendly, supportive, and often humorous setting.
- Women’s Support Group, Mondays 11 am
- Caregiver Support Group for Spouses, First and Third Wednesdays 1 pm – RSS provides 2 free bi-monthly support groups for people who are caring for loved ones who have Alzheimer’s Disease or other dementia-related disease. The support group provides a place to connect with other caregivers who truly understand what they are going through.
- Holocaust Survivors Support Group, Mondays 1:30 pm
- Grief & Bereavement Group: available as needed, please call 718 884 5900