RSS Women’s Wellness Programs encourage women to develop and maintain holistic approaches to healthy aging. Programs include:
- Women’s Support Group: Women help each other cope with the physical, mental and emotional changes of aging; provide support with caregiving issues and to those dealing with the loss of a loved one or widowhood. The Women’s Support Group meets every Monday at 11:00 a.m.
- Health Education & Management Services: Women participating in any one of our wellness programs can take advantage of health-management services provided by a registered nurse. Services include blood pressure monitoring, health referrals and health counseling services with a focus on nutrition, medication, weight management, and chronic illness.
- Wellness Wheel Tracking Card: A tool to help women take responsibility for achieving balance in their lives by focusing on six dimensions of wellness. Women can use the card to track and develop activities in the following areas: social, physical, vocational, emotional, spiritual and intellectual health.
- Strong, Healthy and Energized (S.H.E.): A ten-week fitness class designed to integrate exercise, nutrition and stress reduction into women’s daily lives. The health and wellness class is held at the Schervier Apartment Complex on Thursdays from 11:00 – 12:30 p.m.
- Women’s Circle: Launched in 2015, the Women’s Circle provides a late-afternoon forum where women over sixty gather to learn, network and enjoy each other’s company. The Circle focuses on maintaining wellness and building a vibrant community of women with common interests and goals. The Women’s Circle gathers once each month for a discussion group with relevant guests and speakers. After the formal portion of the presentation concludes, members stay to continue the conversation over a light supper.